From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 9:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Attracting & keeping tutors

Karyn,

I send out a general email notice to students, faculty and staff, which
is
usually pretty successful. I also try to recruit at all student events.
In
addition, our jobs are posted on the university job board and student
employment web site, as well as the library web page.

I am planning to institute a cash "bonus" program to help me retain
tutors,
as many leave after one or two semesters. I am thinking about giving a
$50.00-$100.00 bonus per year to tutors who work beyond a full first
year.
(maybe $50.00 at the end of year two and $100.00 at the end of year
three,
four, five). I figured it out and it is less costly then training a new
tutor!

Roberta Schotka
NADE'08 conference co-chair
Head, Peer Tutoring
Northeastern University Libraries, 242 SL
(617) 373-2150 voice
(617) 373-2529 fax

browser to