FAX:  225 216 6837

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pat Thatcher
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 10:16 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Query: learning center databases

Hello Everyone,

The Weingarten Learning Resources Center of the University of
Pennsylvania
is about to release an RFP to vendors to solicit bids for a
comprehensive
learning center database system that would access and store data from
staff
notes as well as our university student info system, provide canned as
well
as specialized reports, and tie all info to a secure web interface that
can
be accessed by staff and selectively by students.  We are also
requesting
that this application permit future additions and integration of
scheduling
and payroll components.

My questions:

1.What are your experiences and advice about the RFP process?
2. Is there a commercial product that you have found useful for
integrating
student info from staff notes/encounters, university info systems with
reporting functions?  TutorTrack for example-though our center doesn't
provide tutoring servces.
Do any of you use a school ID card swipe system to identify students who

use your center as part of your integrated database systems?

Thanks for putting up with a very long and detailed query.  Rather than
bog
down the whole listserv I'm happy to hear from anyone with suggestions
off line

Many Thanks
Pat Thatcher

Patricia Thatcher, Ph.D