-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nelson, Linda
Sent: Monday, 5 June 2006 2:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Learning centers and libraries sharing space & resources

Our university put a twist on this idea by developing a space called the
Academic Commons, which allowed us to combine the Writing Center,
academic tutoring, the Math Lab, and Education resources for majors, in
a study center open to all students. Students meet in groups or
individually, with or without tutors, and they know that help is just a
question away. Computer and wireless internet access is available.  The
Academic Commons has been well used in our first year of operation, and
we expect that it will only get better.

Linda Nelson
Southwest Minnesota State University
Marshall, MN