-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eagan, K MS CEP
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Conferences for Teaching Reading to College Students & Adults

Good afternoon, everyone

I teach a 10-lesson reading efficiency course to freshmen college
students during the fall semester.  During the spring semester, the same
course enrollment is open to campus employees, instructors, and spouses.
Our course is commonly referred to as "speed reading," but it is really
learning how to read efficiently. I would like to learn more about the
pedagogy about how one learns to decode/read college level material. My
department executive officer has asked if I want to attend a conference
next year (I do!) but can't locate the information I want through
google.  Can anyone suggest a conference that offers sessions on
reading?  How about an organization relating to college/adult reading?
His request for conference information was sent this afternoon, and I
need to respond tomorrow.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks! Kathy Eagan
Academic Excellence Program Instructor Center for Enhanced Performance
United States Military Academy Bldg. 745A - Brewerton Rd. West Point,
New York 10996