-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carol Gleichsner
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 11:04 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Study Skills Workshops - request for research

I have been working with our study skills workshop series for several
years
now and although we have been able to increase attendance and
participation
and gather positive feedback from student participants, I question
whether
the workshop is an effective tool for promoting good study skills.

Can anyone direct me to any research that may provide support (or lack
of
support) for the impact of the workshop on improving study skills or any
other positive effects on student performance?

Thank you,
Carol Gleichsner
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

browser to