From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals on behalf of Marcy Marinelli
Sent: Thu 6/22/2006 3:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: % of campus population using your services

A question has come up as far as what is an average percentage
utilization rate for learning assistance services on our campuses.  Does
anyone track data on what percent of your campus population uses your
services each year?  A colleague at another campus contacted me and
wondered whether the 27% of students who used their services was a good,
bad or average number.  Anyone out there care to comment?  I know that
here we see about 12% of the undergraduate population each year.we also
have data that show that by graduation, 25% of our students have used
the services of our Counseling Center (of which LAS is a part).  I'd
love to hear what other people are finding.  Thanks!

Marcy Marinelli

Marcy Marinelli, Ph.D., NCC
Director, Learning Assistance Service
Assistant Director, Counseling Center
1104 Shoemaker Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD  20742
301-314-7680
301-314-9206 (fax)

"We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are."  ~Oprah
Winfrey