Hi ALL,

My colleague and I are beginning a research study addressing this query
(see memo below.  I attempted to e-mail the survey to everyone earlier
today, but I think the attachment didn't go through.  Would someone let
me know whether it does this time?

Thanks!

Laurie Hazard

May 25, 2006

Dear Colleagues:

We are interested in collecting data that would help us determine an
approximate national average regarding the percent of students who use
tutorial services at colleges and universities across the country. This
information is vital to all of us in terms of our centers' credibility,
recognition, and of course, institutional support and funding.

After a number of contacts to several well-known professionals in the
learning assistance field, we realized that there are no known national
statistics on the number of students who use our programs and our
services.  Our hope is to collect this information to provide benchmark
data from the attached survey and report our findings in the fall.

Please send your survey directly to us at [log in to unmask] or via U.S
mail at:

Karin Winnard, Assistant Director
Academic Center for Excellence
Bryant University
1150 Douglas Pike
Smithfield, Rhode Island 02917

If you have any questions or comments, you can also contact Laurie
Hazard at
401-232-6744.

Thank you in advance for your participation in this important project.
We look forward to providing this information to everyone.

Laurie L. Hazard, Director			Karin E. Winnard,
Assistant Director
Academic Center for Excellence		Academic Center for Excellence
Bryant University				Bryant University