Theresa,

For ADD and ADHD, the Brown ADD Scales for Adults and The Connors'
Ratings Scales for ADD/ADHD are two of the better checklist assessments
out there in the field.

These two scales for ADD/ADHD both contain scales for hyperactivity,
conduct problems, emotional-over indulgence, anxious passivity, social
behaviors, and daydream/attention problems. If nothing else, these
scales can give a clue for counseling plans/strategies, if you are using
behavioral coaching and/or behavioral modification techniques.

By the way, Russell Barkley, an infrequent poster )on some other lists)
ICN (International Counseling Network) List, and DSSHE (for college
disability services providers) List  has a book that lists an informal
checklist. He (understandably) requires permission to use the list from
his text.

Of the ones mentioned above, I personally like the Brown Scales, because
Dr. Brown has conducted studies with adults and continues to update his
findings.  This is important, since most of the diagnostic material out
there has focused on children.
http://www.drthomasebrown.com/research/posters.html
<http://www.drthomasebrown.com/research/posters.html>

Test Anxiety is very very tricky to evaluate, because it is not an
actual diagnosis. It is difficult to fit in under any of the DSM Anxiety
codes. Even in testing, it could be tough to fit, because it may not be
common in all tests or courses. It may just be anxiety in one subject
area, and not just testing. Personally, as far as evaluations, I like
the Test Anxiety Inventory from Mindgarden, and I believe they have an
online version: http://www.mindgarden.com/products/tsans.htm
<http://www.mindgarden.com/products/tsans.htm>

As with any serious anxiety treatment, one needs to refer a person to
make sure there are no medical problems, other emotional disorders, or
personal problems creating the "test" anxiety.

Fred Deaton, LPC-MHSP

No matter what side of the tracks you come from, the train whistle
sounds the same.

My employer reserves the right to monitor internet and email usage, and
this poses the possibility that someone, an outside third party, may see
the text of your e-mail.

I am unable to assure that confidentiality can be maintained, but I will
make every effort to assure privacy. If you are concerned about the
contents of your e-mail being read by someone other than the individual
you are contacting, then you might want to look at an alternate means of
contact.

I reply to the address of the sent e-mail. If you wish a confidential
response, then alternate means of contact should be considered for
counseling services.