Carol-

I know other people on this listserv can direct you specifically to the research material are looking for, but I can definitely refer you to an excellent and concise text (@100 pages) called Foundations for Learning written by Laurie Hazard and JP Nadeau which I read last year.  The text is based on Dr. Hazard's dissertation and is a plethora of useful information for both students and their instructors.  Very common sense, and again, a concise approach to assisting students to develop excellent metacognitive skills and behaviors.

Hope this helps!

Karin

Hi >>>> [log in to unmask]
<https://mailbox3.acomp.usf.edu/sm/src/compose.php?send_to=gleichsner%40
EDINBORO.EDU>  6/20/2006 11:03 AM >>>
> I have been working with our study skills workshop series for several
> years
> now and although we have been able to increase attendance and
> participation
> and gather positive feedback from student participants, I question
> whether
> the workshop is an effective tool for promoting good study skills.
>
> Can anyone direct me to any research that may provide support (or lack
> of
> support) for the impact of the workshop on improving study skills or
> any
> other positive effects on student performance?
>
> Thank you,
> Carol Gleichsner
> Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

> browser to

<https://mailbox3.acomp.usf.edu/sm/src/compose.php?send_to=wcooke%40ufl.
edu>

> browser to

<https://mailbox3.acomp.usf.edu/sm/src/compose.php?send_to=wcooke%40ufl.
edu>

browser to

<https://mailbox3.acomp.usf.edu/sm/src/compose.php?send_to=wcooke%40ufl.
edu>

Download this as a file
<https://mailbox3.acomp.usf.edu/sm/src/download.php?absolute_dl=true&pas
sed_id=9114&ent_id=2.1&mailbox=INBOX&sort=0&startMessage=1&show_more=0&p
assed_ent_id=2>