If you will be attending this year’s Academy of Management Meetings in
Atlanta, you are invited to participate in the PDW on:

THEORETICAL AND EMPIRICAL APPLICATIONS OF SOCIAL NETWORK ANALYSIS

Co-sponsored by BPS, OMT, RM and CM Divisions (Session #102)

When: Saturday, August 12, 8:30-11:30 a.m.

Where: Atlanta Marriott Marquis, International 4.

Organizers: Dan Brass, Jon Johnson & Joe Labianca

Discussion Leaders: Steve Borgatti, Ron Burt, Tiziana Casciaro, Rob Cross,
Martin Gargiulo, Deborah Gibbons, Martine Haas, David Krackhardt, Ajay
Mehra, David Obstfeld, and Ray Sparrowe

The emphasis of this PDW is on participant interaction, with most of the
scheduled time devoted to roundtable discussions. The workshop will allow
researchers who are currently engaged in social network research, or those
who have plans to incorporate social network concepts into their research,
to interact with one another. After a short introduction to the discussion
topics, we will break out into discussion groups. We hope to give relative
newcomers to social network research an opportunity to interact with
veterans, and give veterans an opportunity to share insights with one
another. We are especially hopeful that cross level interactions will
occur during the workshop.

E-mail Jon Johnson ([log in to unmask]) to sign up for the workshop.
In your response, please provide your top three preferences from the list
of discussion topics below:

Affect networks in organizations
Brokerage and closure
Combining qualitative and social network approaches
Computer simulations of network processes
Individual level mechanisms in networks
Introduction to network analysis
Knowledge management
Network methods Q&A
Networks at the intersection of scholarship and practice
Networks at the team level
Social network analysis as paradigm
Submitting network research for publication

Giuseppe (Joe) Labianca
Assistant Professor of Organization and Management
Goizueta Business School
Emory University
1300 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30322