Hi Teresio

Many thanks for this compilation.

You may be interested in some related work that I am planning right now.
This is a methodology paper on "Relationships Mapping for Oxfam Australia",
which will be followed through in practice later this year, in the context
of a review of their five-year strategic plan. One of their strategic
objectives is "Working Better with others", which then breaks down into
sub-objectives concerned with relationships with four types of stakeholders
within and outside of Australia.

Already the issue of lessons to be learned from the private sector has come
up, and your references to do with public sector experiences are also very
relevant.

regards, rick davies
www.mande.co.uk

On 6/12/06, Teresio Poggio <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear Socnet members,
>
> about two months ago, I've asked for references to illustrative papers
> and information on inter-organizational networking in the field of
> social work. With some delay - my apologies - I'm posting the pieces
> of information I've collected.
> I wish to thank all socnet members who answered my question, both on
> the list or privately.
>

> Shawn suggested his doctoral thesis on interorganizational networks in
> the field of public natural resource management:
> http://www.beslter.org/frame4-page_3d_03.html. It is not focused on
> social work, but it is methodologically interesting.
>
> Tom proposed as an example: Kwait, J., Valente, T. W., & Celentano, D.
> D. (2001).  Interorganizational relationships among HIV/AIDS service
> organizations in Baltimore: A network analysis.  Journal of Urban
> Health, 78, 468-487.
>
> Joerg suggested to see Alter, C. and J. Hage (1993). Organizations
> Working Together. Newbury Park, Sage Publications, for a conceptual
> introduction.
>
> David suggested to see his article: Tucker, D.J., G. H. Heil, and S.
> Goodman, "Blockmodel Analysis of Fragmentation in an
> Interorganizational Service Delivery System." Canadian Social Work
> Review '84 (1984): 159-83.
>
> Finally, Barry suggested not to forget searching Connections resources
> on the web (I'm still doing the job..).
>

> Best regards,
>
> Teresio
>
> --
> dr. Teresio Poggio
> Servizi alla ricerca
> Dipartimento di Sociologia e ricerca sociale
> UniversitÓ degli studi di Trento
> Via Verdi, 26
> 38100 Trento, Italy
> Tel   +39 0461/881406