From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Nolene Sherman
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 3:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [RM] Memorable RIM-related quotes

I am looking for a memorable quote to open up a presentation I am doing
on Records Management. Of course, finding records specific quotes is a
bit more difficult unless I spend my days reading court cases. These are
a few I came up with. Does anyone have any favorites they would like to
share?

"The court noted that in "ordinary circumstances" it is not inherently
wrongful to employ document retention policies to keep certain
information from others. Culpability arises only upon evidence of
"consciousness of wrongdoing." (Supreme Court in Arthur Andersen, L.L.P.
v. United States, 2005 WL 1262915 (U.S. May 31, 2005), summary by
Cricket Technologies)

"I ran the wrong kind of business, but I did it with integrity.
<http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/1870.html> " (Sydney Biddle
Barrows, in Marian Christy, ''Mayflower Madam' Tells All,' Boston Globe,
1986)

"When men are pure, laws are useless; when men are corrupt, laws are
broken." (Benjamin Disraeli, British politician (1804 - 1881))

"The problem with any unwritten law is that you don't know where to go
to erase it. <http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/477.html> " (Glaser
and Way)

"Since the invention of the microprocessor, the cost of moving a byte of
information around has fallen on the order of 10-million-fold. Never
before in the human history has any product or service gotten 10 million
times cheaper--much less in the course of a couple decades. That's as if
a 747 plane, once at $150 million a piece, could now be bought for about
the price of a large pizza."  (Michael Rothschild, author of Bionomics,
Economy as Ecosystem)

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly
making exciting discoveries."  (A. A. Milne)

"Furious activity is no substitute for understanding."  (H. H. Williams)

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."  (Thomas
Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943)

Nolene

Nolene Sherman | Director of Records Management | Standard Pacific Homes

This e-mail and any attachment is confidential and may be privileged. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, dissemination or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you receive it in error, please advise immediately by return e-mail and delete it. Thank you.
Ce courriel et tout annexe sont confidentiels et peut-etre privilegies. Toute utilisation, divulgation, diffusion ou copie non autorisee de ce courriel est strictement interdite. Si vous le recevez par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser immediatement par retour de courriel et effacer le message. Merci.