We have TutorTrac and I've been very happy with it.  I had to
be patient while some programming issues were resolved here
on campus, but now that everything is running, it's great.  Here's
what first comes to mind for you.

1. Take advantage of the software's ability to import student
data. The self-contained tracking functions are great and will
provide a lot of information and reports about usage, but I think
the real power lies in the program's ability to download and
incorporate student data.  True, you can input data by hand,
but getting demographics and academic information on all of
your students will make evaluation of services both easier and
more powerful.

2.  Trust Redrock.  This is true for any vendor you select:
get a good service contract and use it.  It is worth the money.
I've been impressed  with the speed and accuracy of Redrock's
help.

3.  If you are going to tie a tracking program into your student
database, start working ASAP with your IT department and the
programmers who will design the file of information.  Having
them present during some of the demos and connecting them
directly with some of the tech support people at Redrock
proved to be very helpful for us: they can speak the same
language about the hardware and programming, with the
advantage that RR understands the context that we are working
within, as do you.

Feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to talk about
your program and how we've used TT here.
(email: [log in to unmask], phone: 920-424-3419)