Hi everyone,

I am posting this for a friend of mine in Illinois:

NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE invites applications for the position of Assistant
Director of Academic Support Services.  A 145-year-old comprehensive
liberal arts college of 2500 students, North Central is located 30 miles
west of Chicago in the historic downtown area of Naperville.  The person
in this position arranges academic and physical accommodations for
students with disabilities; creates and implements policies and
procedures ensuring equal access; provides academic support for all
students; supervises the peer tutoring program; and develops and
implements an assessment plan for all disability and academic support
services.  The Assistant Director works collaboratively with the
Directors of Retention and Student Success, Writing Center, Language
Lab, and Wellness Center; educates faculty, staff, and administrators
about disabilities; consults with them on individual accommodations; and
teaches a class for at-risk students.

A master's degree in a disabilities support or related field and a
minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in
disabilities support or academic support services, preferably in a
higher education setting, is required.  Superior analytical and
communication skills (written, oral, interpersonal) are essential.

Review of resumes will continue until the position is filled.  Please
send a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of
three professional references to  North Central College, Office of Human
Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL  60540; Fax: 630-637-5755;
or E-mail: [log in to unmask]  Equal Opportunity Employer.  For
further information about the College, visit our web site at
www.northcentralcollege.edu <http://www.northcentralcollege.edu/> .

Happy 4th!

Marcy

Marcy Marinelli, Ph.D., NCC
Director, Learning Assistance Service
Assistant Director, Counseling Center
1104 Shoemaker Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD  20742
301-314-7680
301-314-9206 (fax)

"We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are."  ~Oprah
Winfrey