Dear Friends,
At Century College in White Bear Lake, MN, we are conducting a study regarding the "Effects of Peer Tutoring" as it relates to the retention rates here.  Have any of you ever participated in a study like this or do you know where I might research to find a model already set up?

The following is a list of the areas we can think of to include in the study.  Do any of you think of anything else or a better way to word what I am asking for?

Purpose of the Request:  The purpose of this request is to assist the requestor in compiling necessary data related to students who acquired assistance from the Peer Tutor Program at Century College from the Fall of 2004 through the Spring of 2007.  The data will the basis for a study comparing the effects of peer tutoring in a group of students who utilized the services of peer tutors to those who did not utilize the peer tutor services.

Data Fields:  Cumulative GPA scores, term GPA scores, specific course grade, number of hours tutoring each tutee received, percentage of credits completed by each tutee.

 Format (chart, table, data set) :Charts, tables, and data set as well as a written report will become the format.

Thanks,
Jackie Hays
Reading/Study Skills
Century College