Hi Foster (and other "interesteds")-

We have been phasing in use of TutorTrac over the past year. Our
problems have been at the local level - Redrock Software has been good
to work with. The local issue seems to be concern over FERPA
applications. We have had to sign statements that we will not store
protected information (like SSNs) in TutorTrac, for example. And our
local ITSD will not allow us to make use of TutorTrac's ability to
interface with the campus Banner system and web-accessibility potential.
They also provide no support after 5 PM, which was a problem since we
are open until 9 PM most weeknights.

As far as the software itself goes, I guess I would say that the layout
is not intuitive, and the manual is text-heavy with no screen shots to
help you along, but once you get used to the system it is great. In
addition to the scheduling benefits, our tutors love being able to put
their session notes right into the system, which has eliminated reams of
paperwork around here. That is also a benefit if a student sees a
different tutor: the student's history is accessible to the new tutor.

I would say that you need to be clear on what your local ITSD will and
will not allow or support. That has been our biggest problem.

Lynell Williams
UNC Wilmington