In my research at MIT, I need to find a credible histogram of the
frequency of human (face to face) daily contacts for a representative
sample of the USA.  Example:  10 % of the population interact with 5
or fewer people per day.  5% interact with over 100.  etc.  An
'interaction' can be a transaction with a sales clerk, selling a
subway token,  having breakfast with your spouse, meeting with a
student, etc.

While I have explored social network literature, I can't seem to find
something this simple and yet fundamental.  Are you aware of such
data?

Thanks for your help!

--Dick Larson