I was a positive referee on the Social Isolation paper by Lynn, Miller and
Matthew. Glad that I was.

But I kick myself for not asking that the main title be changed to delete
the main title, "Social Isolation in America."

While grabby main titles are good (see my soon-to-be published "How to
Write -- and Rewrite -- A Paper"), this one is dangerously misleading as
compared to the more accurate main title: "Core Discussion Networks Over
Two Decades." It wouldn't matter so much except that lots of media get
excited by the main title.

But at least, serious sociology is in the news.

YMMV.

As for me, I am going for a long ride in the country with my favorite
discussion partner.

Happy Canada Day,

 Barry

  You're invited to visit -- and contribute to -- my new fun website
 "Updating Cybertimes: It's Time to Bring Our Culture into Cyberspace"
             http://chass.utoronto.ca/oldnew/cybertimes.php