On the larger (?) point, where are the texts focusing on current means
of gathering SNA data? It would seem that the "realm of the possible"
has shifted somewhat dramatically over the past few years, though
certainly not for all forms of SNA data. It's clearly not just about
surveys anymore.

There are several excellent texts on SNA analytical methods, but I've
found that data gathering techniques seem to be treated rather
sporadically. As someone keenly interested in expanding SNA into a field
(political science) where it is still rarely applied, I would be very
interested in a textbook focusing on the techniques, challenges, and
possibilities of generating a wide variety of network data.

Ken Cousins
Harrison Program on the Future Global Agenda
Department of Government and Politics
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742

T: 301-405-6862
F: 301-314-9690

www.bsos.umd.edu/gvpt/kcousins
http://augmentation.blogspot.com

"The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
                                              Albert Einstein