Dear Chai Choon-Lee

I would recommend that, rather than pursue an SNA solution (if there is
one), you look at System Dynamics.  This explores the dynamics of flows
and the accumulation and dissipation of resources (or stocks as they
are called) over time. You indicate this is what you are wanting to do.

There are a number of sftware packages: Stella or IThink, Vensim, and
Powersim are the most popular: the first two are basically the same
product, but are aimed at the schools/education market and the
commercial market respectively.  There are student and run-time only
versions from publisher's web sites.

THE text at present is Sterman. J, 2000,"Business Dynamics: Systems
Thinking and Modelling for a Complex World", McGraw-Hill.  A more
approachable text is  Maani, K. E. and Cavana, R. Y., 2003, "System
Thinking and Modelling", Pearson Education.  Both books come with CDs
holding models in the various s/w packages as well as run-time versions
of the software.

And I would recommend, even though it is designed for K12 schools in
the US, the  site www.clexchange.org.  This has some superb
introductory papers, and models showing "simulation" possibly to
undergrad level.

Then you can make an informed decision!

Best wishes ..

Roy Greenhalgh