I am new to SNA and am thinking of using Pajek and the book "Exploratory
Social Network Analysis with Pajek" in a research methods course
(graduate level) this fall.  I teach in a public administration program
and teach the usual survey research things including instrument design
and some statistical analyses using SPSS.

Am I assuming that SNA is too easy?  What might be a reasonable first
assignment for my students?  I know SNA can certainly be difficult.
What I am asking is if it is reasonable to hope to be able to ease
myself and my students into this gradually in the near future, given
that this is new to me.

Bruce