To list members,

I am new to social network analysis.  Can anyone please suggest
scholarly articles that address the following questions?

1) In social networks, what tend to be the personal attributes of nodes
near the center of sub nets and of nodes that are cutpoints?  I would
guess that "centrals" tend to be extroverts and to hold traditional
beliefs about whatever topic the network is about.  I would guess that
cutpoints may be introverts and be less likely to be "true believers."

2) What specific measures (statistics) used in social network analysis
would be appropriate to identify the social capital in a network, and
what statistics would be used to measure distinctions between
polarization and pluralism in social networks?

Thank you,

Bruce