Hey Folks,
I birded Mounds Pool 3 early in the am this past Saturday.  The birding was
good (with ca. 50 species observed in or around MP3).  However, I did not
find the Southern Lapwing or the White-faced Ibis.  On the flip side the
saltmarsh mosquitos were readily swarming before the winds picked up... be
prepared.  There were plenty of shorebirds present including Wilson's Plover
and many species with more northerly breeding ranges.  Whether these
individuals represent true southbound migrants or non-breeders that didn't
make the journey north is moot, but I venture to quess the latter.

Highlights included:
American white pelican
roseate spoonbill
reddish egret