Hey Everybirdy,

  In case you didn't already  know, Viera Wetlands was closed today due to a
line break.  There is only  access to the click ponds.
  I walked into the main  building to inquire as to when it might be repaired
but saw no  one.
  I did a quick search on the  web so that I might be able to supply a phone
number to call but came up  empty.  you might be able to find one somewhere
I'm sure as it would be  worth a call before heading out for nothing.
  Although the click ponds are  a nice spectacle at the moment, there didn't
seem to be as many birds as there  were yesterday. Some 50 Snowy Egrets or so
were camped along the banks of  the southern pond, which does appear to
dropping, although not as quickly as the  north pond.  Did find 4 banded Spoonbills
today, including the one I  reported on Wednesday.

  Did happen upon a Crested  Caracara along Wickham Rd about 2 miles before
the facility along with a couple  of Eastern Meadowlarks.
  Also, of note, upon leaving  the facility, the retention pond to the left
was playing host to a good number  of the waders that are vacating the click
ponds.

See you out there!

Thomas J.  Dunkerton
Titusville, FL