Dear all,
Took a lunch hour walk to Lake Hunter near downtown
Lakeland. I noticed several discarded shells of the
large, introduced apple snails and many egg clusters
on cattails and walls of drainage structures. Then as
I crossed the park I saw four Limpkins resting in the
shade.

That led me to wonder. The new snails appear
established in this part of the state, so I think we
can forget about eradication. Will their (the snails,
of course) larger size provide enough additional food
to increase the Limpkin population significantly?

Tom Palmer
Winter Haven