Note on the Florida Farm-to-Fuel Program
Initiative enacted by Commissioner Charles H. Bronson in January
2006.
In part, the intention of the program is to promote fuel and
non-food crop production, to create mutual benefits for farmers
and fuel industries and other industries, and governments. And, in
part, the intention of the program is to seek alternative,
diversified, and sustainable means of meeting our state and
national fuel needs.
In order to enhance a measure of sustainability for long-term
viability of crop and soil productivity, certain quality standards
and/or regulations need to be implemented.

Below are links to fuel crop programs at the state level, the
national level, and in the UK.

1. Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services? Farm
to Fuel Program: http://www.fl-ag.com/farmtofuel.htm

Contacts:
Marshall Wiseheart ([log in to unmask])
Les Harrison([log in to unmask])
Telephone: (850) 488-9948

National Websites

2. U.S. Dept. of Energy Biofuels Site:
http://www.ott.doe.gov/biofuels/

3. U.S. Dept. of Energy Biomass Program Site:
http://www1.eere.energy.gov/biomass/

4. Biomass Publications:
http://www1.eere.energy.gov/biomass/publications.html#feed

5. National Campaign For Sustainable Agriculture
FARM-BASED RENEWABLE ENERGY
110 Maryland Avenue, Suite 306
Washington, DC 20002
Phone: 202-544-5466
http://www.sustainableagriculture.net

6. Message from the European Biodiesel Board:
?The EU currently uses two main tools for supporting the growing
of raw materials for non-food and energy production. One is the
set ? aside scheme that you mention and the other one is the
energy crop scheme that applies only to area non set-aside. Both
regimes are submitted to very strict environmental compliance
schemes under the so called cross-compliance of the CAP*.?

Raffaello Garofalo
Secretary General
EBB - European Biodiesel Board
E-mail [log in to unmask]
Web site: www.ebb-eu.org

*Cross-compliance of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP)
(See attached pdf. doc.: CAP.pdf.for a review of EU regulations)

CAP Reform
http://europa.eu.int/comm/agriculture/capreform/index_en.htm

See also, Energy Crop Aid Scheme & Renewable Power / Energy
Association

http://www.defra.gov.uk/erdp/schemes/energy/default.htm
http://www.r-p-a.org.uk/article_default_view.fcm?articleid=526
(See link to Biofuels/Alternative uses for Crops.pdf)

Kiara S. Winans
Graduate Student
Env. Engineering Department
University of Florida