I know I've sent links to BEST about water hyacinth treatment and
usage (e.g., furniture weaving) in Thailand before, but I just ran
across this site with pictures of hyacinth treatment areas in the
Bangkok area... and couldn't resist sending it out.

http://www.fatheroftheland.com/5-c-3.html

If the long-standing historical and institutional biases against
this exotic plant (which developed for very good reasons) can be
overcome, might similarly-styled systems have practical benefit
for effective and sustainable treatment of stormwater, wastewater,
and badly eutrophied water bodies in Florida?

Jason

--
Jason Evans
Ph.D. Candidate, Interdisciplinary Ecology