AASHE 2006: The Role of Higher Education in Creating a Sustainable World

October 4-6 (Wed-Fri) / Arizona State University / Tempe, Arizona

www.aashe.org/conference <http://www.aashe.org/conference>

The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher
Education (AASHE) welcomes you to attend its inaugural North American
conference. We expect over 500 participants from every sector of campus,
as well as from nonprofits, government, and business.

The conference aims to move beyond "low hanging fruit" and toward next
steps in campus sustainability.  An awards ceremony will feature the
first AASHE Awards for campus and student achievements.  We hope you can
attend this groundbreaking event.

Register by September 1st to get the early registration rate. The
deadline for all registrations is September 18th.

Presenter Topics

Over 225 papers, posters, panels, workshops, reports and roundtables
will cover topics such as:

*	Incorporating sustainability into master plans and strategic
plans
*	Assessing sustainability progress (environmental management
systems, assessment tools, etc.)
*	Community outreach on environmental and social issues
*	Case studies of institutional change toward sustainability
*	Sustainability across the curriculum
*	Green building and design
*	Sustainability in campus culture and student life
*	Climate issues and campus action

Keynotes
Keynote speakers include Ray Anderson (Interface, Inc.), Hunter Lovins
(Natural Capitalism), Bill McKibben ("The End of Nature"), and Beverly
Wright (Deep South Center for Environmental Justice).

Green Meeting

The conference will be as environmentally and socially responsible as
possible. Toward this end, we will offset all greenhouse gas emissions
generated by the conference, including travel and electricity.  Thanks
to three of our sponsors - Sterling Planet, Conservation Fund, and
Climate Trust - for donating the full amount of the offsets and
renewable energy credits.

Further Information

For more information visit the conference website at:
www.aashe.org/conference <http://www.aashe.org/conference> .

If you have any questions, email: [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>