OK, OK, OK  ---  WE NEED TO DO A FLOAT THIS YEAR

1.  Let's keep the FLOAT as IS  --  It is certainly very unique

2.  Tradition  --  Let's have an "OLDER" Aumni memeber call in --
Like "Go Gators"  from the Space Station, Antratica, maybe a
recording from the past !   This CALL in could be so Unique that
we would stop by the Judges stand so THEY could hear IT !!!

3.  We need to have a VERY CLEAR write up for the Judges - they
are
really have to swim thru all the float write ups and if we have a
colorful good one that will help  --  also to distribute to WRUF
TV.

4.  So, have a guy dressed up like they did way back in the 30's
and
with young kids coming up  --  The tradition continues --- from
the OLD to the NEW --  NOW THAT IS LIKE WAY COOL !!

5.  We need like a little COLOR and a LITTLE selfless promotion -
Like can we spew conffettie (sic) on Univ Ave?  And a little
Snap, Crackle and POP (is the right term?)  We have tried, Morse,
Code and beaming voice over speakers and all the folks in the
parade audience heard was more "noise" ... Boom'a Lock'a, Boom'a
Lock'a Sis Boom Baaa !!!

So  --  Thinking creatively ... FAR OUT IDEAS that won't work ...

A.  We could pull a GIANT Spark Transmitter - Parade attendies
would think we were a Theater and Dance Dept unit doing a
FrankenStein skit

B.  We could pull an old morse code KEY  -- Parade attendies would
think we were a Special Old Horizontal Circus Attraction

C.  We could pull a Surfer Float, with the appropriately attaired
float folks, using their 2m HT's  -- Parade folks would think we
were a new Cell Phone Company on Campus

D.  We could pull a float with a GIANT Magnifying Glass showing a
small Tele-Communications chip -- Parade folks would think we were
advertising Magnifying Glasses for ARPA Membership.

Our Club has been here at UF a VERY LONG TIME and WE should be
VERY PROUD OF IT !!!

Just a few thoughts   ...   73's    Allan KG4JCC