Ironically, the following popped up in the quotation of the day
program to which I am subscribed.  It's from Tacitus:

Latin - auferre trucidare rapere falsis nominibus imperium, atque ubi
solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Here is the English:  - to plunder, to slaughter, to steal, these
things they misname empire; and where they make a wilderness, they
call it peace

                       --Best

                                    Norm
Norm Holland
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]

Ah, Norm...

Which reminds me, of what Freud said to poor Abraham Kardiner. So
don't be too self-congratulatory. We do indeed have to know history
in order not be condemned to relive it:

"Monroe Myer and I once discussed with Freud the suicides of two
analysts in Vienna. His eyes twinkling, he commented, 'Well, the day
will soon come when psychoanalysis will be considered a legitimate
cause of death.' (page 70)

Kardiner, A. (1977). My Analysis with Freud. New York, W. W. Norton & Company.

I'm sure you all know the book, Kardiner's history, as well as
Freud's. So you know that little Ambraham was made to walk miles in
the snow and say Kaddish for his dead mother, something to which
Freud was -- in classic style -- in inimitable classical Freudian
style, absolutely insensitive. Read Kardiner's book. Read his
memoirs, now completely released. And see what you don't want to see.

Best,

Denis

PS: I know that this will appear, as all your messages appear, under
your own name. To repeat: I know of no other discussion list on the
Internet where individual posts all have one or two person's name on
the. Only yours.

Denis M. Donovan, M.D., M.Ed., F.A.P.S.
Medical Director, 1983 - 2006
The Children's Center for Developmental Psychiatry
St. Petersburg, Florida

Mail:	P.O Box 47576
	St. Petersburg, FL 33743-7576
Phone:	727-641-8905