Dear Social Networks Researchers:

In late July I asked you for help in finding data about a histogram
of daily personal contacts that people have.  Thanks to your
unselfish helping suggestions, I found the closest citations to what
I need in my research:

Fu, Yang-chih, "Measuring personal networks with daily contacts: a
single-item survey question and the contact diary," Social Networks
27 (2005) 169-186.

Fu, Yang-chih, "Contact diaries: building archives of actual and
comprehensive personal networks." Field Methods (forthcoming), 2006.

I now have another request:  I need a corresponding histogram for
trips taken by USA residents, by conveyance type (car, air, bus,
train, public transportation) and by distance of trip.  Example:  So
many trips by air are taken each year, and the frequency distribution
by distance is as follows:  etc., etc.

Do any of you know where I might find such data?

Thanks.

--Dick Larson, M.I.T.