Rather than asking other people to do your research, do it yourself.
It's easy. Use Google and search for  "community group of individuals
who collaborate or interact over time and distance" (without the
quotation marks). The first item on the list was this list of published
articles:

http://tinyurl.com/jrlf5

Pick the ones that look most suitable for your purpose.