I apologize for carelessly writing the first words that came to mind
("Rather than asking other people to do your research") when I wrote a
message intended to get people to spend a few minutes with Google rather
than just writing to SOCNET and asking its readers to suggest answers
("... do it yourself. It's easy. Use Google and search for..."). My lack
of thought resulted in words that readers found offensive, shaming,
belittling, judgmental, and threatening. Since that was not my intent, I
clearly need to be more careful with my choice of words. If I expect
others to think (and look) before they post, I should be expected to do
the same, shouldn't I?

Bill