During the web meeting that many UF web managers attended regarding the
intent of UF Websites, the issue regarding search and website usability
had come up. An issue I have been struggling with over the past 5 years
as a web developer for various departments in the Health Science Center,
is the lack of a link to the Health Science Center webpage on the main
UF homepage. I also think that this has been affecting our presence in
some major search engines.

I suspect that this probably affects many more departments than the ones
that I have been in direct contact with regarding this issue.

My understanding is that the University of Florida is striving to be one
of the top research institutions, and a significant component of this is
Health Sciences. If one looks at some other top university homepages,
the majority of them have prominent links showing off their Health
Science division.

Some examples include:

http://www.umich.edu <http://www.umich.edu/>

http://www.ucla.edu <http://www.ucla.edu/>

http://www.emory.edu <http://www.emory.edu/>

http://www.virginia.edu <http://www.virginia.edu/>

http://www.upenn.edu <http://www.upenn.edu/>

http://www.yale.edu <http://www.yale.edu/>

I feel that this is an issue that needs to be addressed as soon as
possible because we should be proud of the programs offered here, and
they cannot be found by going to the UF homepage. The only way I was
able to locate the UF HSC was by searching under "H" under the UF
Website directories, and I feel that is not acceptable.

If there is anyone out there who knows how we can get this process
expedited through the appropriate channels, it would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,

Evan Hochman

Evan M. Hochman, BSBA
IT Expert
Research and Graduate Programs, Animal Care Services
University of Florida

Web Application Developer:
UF Health Science Center IT Center Training

UF College of Nursing

UF Health Science Center News & Communications