Hi all,
Off from work at Nielson Media Reseach for a spell, I decided to abuse my body and play basketball at Gilchrist Park in Punta Gorda.
It is located along Charlotte Harbor where the Peace and Myakka Rivers join. I spotted two adult Bald Eagles at about 8:30 am gliding 10 feet over the harbor heading out to Boca Grande and the gulf. Other birds spotted from the b-ball court were a Little Blue Heron walking the seawall, Little Egrets, Anhingas and two Osprey resting in a large pine tree next to the boat club.
It was nice to see how Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte have recovered from Hurricane Charley (Cat 4) a few years ago. It is just off I-75 on the west coast between Tampa/St. Pete and Fort Myers/Naples.
Tom Allen
North Port, FL
Sarasota County