Hello, All.

Well, not as active as we had hoped but we did end up
with a pretty good collection of birds for the monthly
Mead count. THe data will be sent in for the NAMC, as
well.

It ended up being more hot and humid than I was ready
for and a tad buggy. Warbler expectations were
thwarted. Still, it appears things are about to break
loose at anytime. Perhaps the banding at Wekiva
tomorrow will prove more thrilling.

We did have a few notable birds despite conditions.
Water levels are high for the first time this year, so
Waterthrushes were hard to track down.

Best find of the day was a Carolina Chickadee foraging
with a group of Titmice. This was a first for Bruce
Andreson in 30 years of birding Mead. I am checking
our flock out at Wekiva tomorrow to see if one is
missing. ;-)

Birds recorded (as I recall them and I am sure I am
forgetting a couple):

American Redstart
Kingfisher
Red-shouldered Hawk
Cooper's Hawk
Black Vulture
Fish Crow
Blue Jay
Mourning Dove
Rock Dove
Eastern Tufted Titmouse
Yellow-throated Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo
White-eyed Vireo
Yellow-throated Warbler
Pine Warbler
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Downey Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
Eastern Wood Peewee
Acadian Flycatcher
Great-creasted Flycatcher
Common Yellowthroat
Common Grackle
Northern Mockingbird
Northern Cardinal
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Carolina Wren
Eastern Kingbird
Carolina Chickadee
Black and White Warbler
Woood Duck
Great Egret
Snowey Egret
Little Blue Heron
Great Blue Heron
(Little) Green Heron
Chimney Swift
White Ibis
Barred Owl
Northern Flicker
Rock Dove
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Ovenbird
Blackburnian Warbler
Brown Thrasher
Northern Waterthrush

Could have been better but who am I to complain?

Andrew Boyle
Orlando, FL