Hello, All.

Still not huge numbers at Wekiva but there were a few
intersting birds banded today. Many stayed out of the
nets but it was hot, humid and birds were calling all
over.

First morning I haven't heard Chimney Swifts out there
in a long time.

Don't have the complete totals for how many birds we
banded but we did band:

White-eyed Vireos
Eastern Towhee
Prairie Warblers
Veerys
FOS Swainson's Thrush
Carolina Wren
Hooded Warbler
Magnolia Warbler
Tennessee Warbler (first for me!)
Northern Flicker (dang, they are strong!)
Common Yellow-throats

An interesting mix. Flood gates should open soon.

Other birds of note heard or seen:

Downy Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Great Horned Owl (at dawn)
Red-shouldered Hawk
Anhinga
Red-headed Woodpecker (I saw 4 on one tree at the same
time!)
Tufted Titmouse
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Northern Cardinal