Hi Autumn,

Although it has to do with kids, the movie " Akilla and the bee" was great
and meets all of your criteria.

Roberta Schotka
NADE'08 conference co-chair
Head, Peer Tutoring
Northeastern University Libraries, 242 SL
(617) 373-2150 voice
(617) 373-2529 fax

             "Grant-Kimball,
             Autumn"
             <akimball@STONEHI                                          To
             LL.EDU>                   [log in to unmask]
             Sent by: Open                                              cc
             Forum for
             Learning                                              Subject
             Assistance                Movies
             Professionals
             UFL.EDU>

             10/30/2006 11:17
             AM

             Please respond to
              Open Forum for
                 Learning
                Assistance
               Professionals
                 UFL.EDU>

Greetings,

I currently teach what is called a learning theories lab which is attached
to one of our first year writing classes.  I cover the standard topics like
notes, reading skills, time management etc.  Towards the end of the
semester I show the movie "Finding Forester" and have the students write
their final paper on reflections about themselves and the movie.  I'm
trying to find another movie that might have similiar themes (mentoring
relationships, embracing and/or developing a gift, peer pressure) to show
instead of or in addition to.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Autumn Grant
Director of the Center for Academic Achievement
Stonehill College
Easton, MA 02357
508-565-1033

browser to