1.  Does your institution have mandatory placement for reading?
2.  What assessment do you use for reading placement?  Do you do a
follow-up assessment to ensure proper placement?
3.  Do you  require a certain reading placement score as a prerequisite for
any core curriculum courses?

Our institution is examining our reading placement procedures.  We are
currently using COMPASS, and although we have mandatory assessment, we do
not have mandatory placement.  At this time, we do not have any courses
that require a certain reading placement as a prerequisite, although we do
for composition.  I would appreciate any feedback you could give me.

Connie Gilmore
Essential Skills Program
Coordinator/Faculty
Yavapai College - Verde Campus