Yes, at UC Berkeley students can carry a reduced study load if they
have a documented disability. You may want to consult the Disabled
Students Program website at
http://dsp.berkeley.edu/sbin/dspACCESS.php?_page=home
   for more information.

Nic

>We have a student with a documented disability who is requesting a
>reduced work load as an accommodation.  Specifically, s/he is asking
>to be allowed to carry a reduced course load but still be considered
>full time.  Is anyone aware of similar practices on other campuses?
>Thanks in advance!
>
>--
>Debbie Cunningham
>Interim Director
>First Year Experience and Engagement
>Adams State College
>Alamosa, Colorado 81102
>719-587-7657
>800-824-6496 x7657
>719-587-7366 (fax)

>web browser to

Knowledge emerges only through invention and reinvention,  through
the restless, impatient, continuing, hopeful inquiry men pursue in
the world, with the world, and with each other. --Paolo Freire

Dominic (Nic) J. Voge
Study Strategies Program Coordinator
University of California, Berkeley
Student Learning Center
136 Cesar Chavez Student Center  #4260
Berkeley, CA 94720-4260

(510) 643-9278
http://slc.berkeley.edu

FALL 2006 OFFICE HOURS:
ED 98/198 Office Hours: T 3-4;  W 4-5
Drop-in Hours W 5-6; Th 1-3
Individual Appointments W 6:30-8; TH 6-8; F 3-4