-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Griffith, Carolyn
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 11:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Looking for a list of study activities

I am currently using a soft cover test book titled Making Your Mark, 7th
edition by Lisa Fraser as the main test for my six sections of Learning
Strategies that I teach each semester. It is the best material I have
ever found after teaching these classes for over 22 years and trying
many different texts, workbooks etc. You can get more information via
www.makingyourmark.com. It is very inexpensive. I pay $4.75 per copy
based on the number I order. The more copies ordered the cheaper per
copy. The ISBN is 0-9735298-1-4. The publishing company is located in
Canada. You can get all this information from their web site.

This book takes the approach that it is not about study skills. It's
about getting a good job after you graduate. My 300+ students over the
past two years find the book very practical, realistic and to the point
about the various topics. Many good group and individual exercises in
the appendix. I use two of them related to goal setting and motivation
which the students really like. On top of it all the student does not
need to buy the book at the bookstore. I order in volume and provide
through my limited budget to the members of the classes. The student
keeps the book when class ends. It is designed in such a manner that it
could be used for 3-4 intense workshops. My classes go for six weeks, 12
class meetings so I do not use it every class period.

Carolyn Griffith, Director
Center for Learning Assistance
Bradley University
Peoria, IL