Dear Jane,
This is an extremely, *shamefully* belated thank you for sending me the
brochure and other information about your Library/Learning Center.  It
really looks like a beautiful and well-furnished place that offers a great
deal to your students and must be a tremendous source of campus pride.  Our
own learning commons plans are on hold right now, but I'm keeping the
materials you sent.  Once again, thank you so much for taking the trouble to
send me this information.

Sincerely,
        beth kupper-herr

 > Hi Beth
>  I'm going to send you a brochure of our new Library/Learning Center. We
> opened the building in 2004.
> One of the unique aspects of our setup is that we have 3 tutoring
> centers on one floor. Each center manager maintains their own budget and
> answers to a different dean under the Vice-President of Academic
> Affairs. The Library Director also comes under Academic Affairs.
> We knew we wanted all of the tutoring areas in one geographic location
> for the student's sake.
> We did have an architectural firm that was very instrumental in creating
> a beautiful and functional building. It has become the showcase of the
> campus and has had a huge impact on everything from Development, to
> Advising and Registration.
> This year we installed TutorTrac to help us gather consistent data. Our
> tutoring numbers are up significantly.
> I'll include more info with the brochure.
>
> Jane Pickett
> Learning Center Manager
> Quinsigamond Community College
> Worcester, Ma. 01606