We used to have a Developmental Studies Steering group that met twice a
month.  The group consisted of the associate dean of the school and
department chairs from Developmental Math, Basic Composition, and
College Success Studies, plus the Program Director of ESL.  Since we
shared budget and resources, it was a natural grouping.  However, the
departments have asked for and been given greater autonomy with
individual budgets and greater decision-making authority at the
department level.  Since then, we have discontinued the Developmental
Studies Steering group.  We do call together the chairs and program
directors as needed to discuss critical issues, but have no formal
structure or council and have not included people beyond the school.  I
think it would be a good idea, and would appreciate knowing how such a
council functions on other campuses.
KD

>>> "Wallace, Stephen" <[log in to unmask]> 10/19/2006 8:46 AM >>>
If your campus has a developmental education council (committee), how
is
it composed?  I don't need names, but areas of representation.

Stephen O. Wallace, Ph.D.

Coordinator Developmental Education and Advising Development

Shippensburg University

114 Horton Hall

(717) 477-1395

browser to