Thank you for providing us with specific and useful information!

Frances Loeffler, Chair and Professor
Schenectady County Community College
Dept. of Developmental Studies
78 Washington Avenue
Schenectady, NY 12305

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/26/06 04:00PM >>>
We require COMPASS e-Write as part of placement into English.  You can
see our placement levels, both in mathematics & English on this web
site:

http://matcmadison.edu/matc/getstarted/assessment/

Judy

Judy Jones
Student Success and Preparedness Project Coordinator
Room 159R
http://matcmadison.edu/faculty/jjones
Department of Mathematics & Computer Science

Madison Area Technical College
3550 Anderson Street
Madison, WI  53704
(608) 246-6258                Fax: (608) 246-6422
alternate email  [log in to unmask]

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/26/06 12:22 PM >>>
We use COMPASS and I do have a hard time with placement into any of
our
college prep English courses from the writing test.  We are going to
start requiring a writing sample for anyone who places below English
Comp I in order to place them more appropriately.   Hopefully that
will
help.