I am a huge fan of "A Knight's Tale" for the leadership concepts, but it
could also be tied to the ideas you mention.  The scene where he is
going to be arrested and all his friends tell him to run and he refuses,
does fit peer pressure.

October Sky is also very inspirational and might fit.  It's a good
pitch math, too.

>>> "Grant-Kimball, Autumn" <[log in to unmask]> 10/30/2006 9:17 AM

Greetings,

I currently teach what is called a learning theories lab which is
attached to one of our first year writing classes.  I cover the standard
topics like notes, reading skills, time management etc.  Towards the end
of the semester I show the movie "Finding Forester" and have the
students write their final paper on reflections about themselves and the
movie.  I'm trying to find another movie that might have similiar themes
(mentoring relationships, embracing and/or developing a gift, peer
pressure) to show instead of or in addition to.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Autumn Grant
Director of the Center for Academic Achievement
Stonehill College
Easton, MA 02357
508-565-1033

browser to