That monograph is available in pdf format at
http://www.education.umn.edu/crdeul --click on publications.

David Arendale has also been publishing on the topic of the history of
dev ed. I am copying him on this message because I know that he receives
the digest format of LRNASST and may not be following this strand right now.

Jeanne Higbee