Carleton College pays all students, no matter what their campus job
might be, at the same hourly rate, which is about $9.17.  I think
we're pretty fortunate, since these are all undergraduate positions.

Cheers,
Kathy

Kathy Evertz, Ph.D.
Director, Academic Support Center
203 Scoville (B-ASC)
Carleton College
One North College St.
Northfield, MN  55057
507-646-4015

>>> <[log in to unmask]> 10/6/2006 10:19 AM >>>
We do the same as Gael, that is tutor pay rates are directly linked
to CRLA
training. We do not pay more to grad students, in fact we prefer to
hire
undergrads, nor do we pay less to work-study students.

Our rates are:
$7.75 Short term tutor ( 1.5 hours-3.5 hours of training) Students
can only
work in this category for a maximum of one semester
$ 8.25      Entry Level Tutors ( 5.5 or more hours of training)
$8.75 CRLA Level 1 certified   (12 hours of training plus formal
evaluation
& 25+ hours of tutoring)
$10.00      CRLA Level 2 certified (additional 10 hours of training,
formal
evaluation & 25+ additional hours of tutoring)

We do pay an additional $1.00 per hour at all levels for group
tutoring

Roberta Schotka
NADE'08 conference co-chair
Head, Peer Tutoring
Northeastern University Libraries, 242 SL
(617) 373-2150 voice
(617) 373-2529 fax

web browser to