Hello Roberta, Tiffany, and all,
Here at UMass Lowell the tutoring center falls under the auspices of the
Provost's office (academic affairs) in what we call the Centers for
Learning and Academic Support Services or CLASS.  In addition to
tutoring we also offer advising and educational computing.

The tutoring is free to all UML students: grad, undergrad, continuing
ed.  For students who have been recommended by the director of
Disabilities Services we offer one-on-one tutoring for one hour per
week; other than that all tutoring is offered on a drop-in basis which
means a tutor may have one or more students during a session.
All our tutors are current students (grad and undergrad) who have
completed the course(s) they tutor at UML with a grade of B+ or better
and have been recommended by faculty in that discipline.
There are three tutoring centers, two in academic areas, and one in the
largest residential hall.  In two weeks we'll be expanding our services
to one of the freshman res halls providing about 20 hours of evening
tutoring in Chem I, Calc I and Physics I.  We just started offering
online tutoring this week and it seems to be going well.

Only the math department has its own tutoring, but in reality, most of
their students come here, either as peer tutors or as tutees!

Learn as if you will live forever.
Live as if you will die tomorrow.
                  Gandhi

Suzanne Gamache
Coordinator of Tutoring Services
Centers for Learning & Academic Support Services
UMass Lowell, Southwick 321
1 University Avenue
Lowell, MA 01854
Phone:  (978) 934-2947