Also, Hunter Boylan's What works book references the importance of tutor
training.

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sally A. Lipsky
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 9:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: tutor training citation

Roberta,
The chapter I authored in the following monograph has references at the
end.
The value of training applies to SI Leaders, as well as tutors!
Lipsky, S. A. (2006). A Credit-Bearing Course for Training SI Leaders.
In Stone, M. E. & Jacobs, G. Supplemental Instruction: New Visions for
Empowering Student Learning. New Directions for Teaching and Learning.
No.
106. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publishers.

Sally A. Lipsky, Ph.D. ([log in to unmask])
Peer Assistance Coordinator
Department of Developmental Studies/LEC
202 Pratt Hall
Indiana University of Pennsylvania