-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Frances Loeffler
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 10:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: COMPASS Test

As a Developmental Studies Department Chair in an urban SUNY community
college, I am researching a switch to COMPASS from the paper ASSET Tests
we are currently using for Placement Testing.

I have heard negative comments about the COMPASS Writing Test. (We do
not use Writing Samples for placement.)  In addition, I have heard that
the Math Tests are not effective in placing students.

I would appreciate your feedback, which I can keep anonymous if you
prefer.

Frances Loeffler, Chair and Professor
Schenectady County Community College
Dept. of Developmental Studies